Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Day 12

A good night's sleep but I did wake up in a bit of a sweat about 00:30 which I don't really understand. I did start a complaint last night about my time at the Dexa scan; not for any other reasons than:
  • it doesn't help with rehabilitation
  • because I am young (a relative term you understand) enough and perhaps articulate enough to do it
  • because it will, hopefully, feed into the 'training needs analysis' (corporate speak if ever I saw it) for the person concerned
  • because I just didn't like being treated in the way I was and I felt belittled
I thought long and hard about raising a complaint, but the treatment yesterday was so at odds with the treatment I have received so far in NGH, and two of my friends suggested it was the right thing to do, that I came to the conclusion to go ahead.

I am finding it perceptibly easier and quicker to get up, have a shower and get dressed - I think I was five minutes quicker this morning than I was yesterday so despite my slight despondency yesterday, in the light of a good night's sleep progress, however small, is being made.

Today's excitement is going to be a change of dressing on my 'war' wound.  A warning for the squeamish - I will try and get a photo of the wound. Update at 15:45.  The dressing has been looked at and it was decided that it looks so good that there should be no external intervention at his stage so the squeamish amongst you are saved for the time being.

Bit of an hiatus this morning as my notes have gone missing.  It is, I understand, usually the responsibility of the Doctor (and there are plenty of them around) not putting them back in the right place. There's a search party out now scouring the ward for the elusive paperwork! Found.

A quick chat with the Occupational Therapist just now.  Looks like I will go to an interim place  of care and that will either be Cliftonville or Turn Furlong - maybe Cliftonville first and then Turn Furlong.  That puts a bit of clarity around the immediate future - timescales probably not until early next week but experience shows that may be in 10 mins time!  It's really quite exciting here.

Here endeth a much better day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.