Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Monday 9 November 2015

Days 1,2,3

I'll try and keep this up-to-date as I make some progress following my fractured hip on 6-November-2015.

Background
Well what a plonker - I slipped over coming out of the learning centre at the Canal & River Trust museum in Stoke Bruerne in Northants.  I thought I'd just regain my composure and walk off the bruising and everything would be fine.  Sadly not so - the head of my femur was snapped so a halt to normal operations was called (as was a first responder and an ambulance) and I was whisked off to Northampton General for a X-Ray (l'll attach it when I can) and was admitted.  Saturday and Sunday were a bit of a blurr with the femur being put back together by José on Saturday morning using an epidural (wonderful) in just under 2 hours.

I was moved from Cedar ward to Abington ward on Sunday afternoon as that's where the expertise in femur fractures is. Not a very pleasant evening - I was put in a ward of 6 with the remaining five suffering some form of dementure.

The image on the left was taken by my friend Sarah Brown from Canal & River Trust - the smaller of the images (on the right) shows a closeup of the fracture.
A closeup of the fracture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.