Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Day 48

Well this really is D-day.  I am so much looking forward to going home to my beloved Stoke Bruerne but at the same time apprehensive that it won't end in me coming back to Cliftonville tonight because the physio (Kamilla) says so and I suppose she has the casting vote.  A call from my very good friend Rodney saying not to stay at home if it is obvious it won't work and, reading between the lines, also saying not to be pig-headed about staying at home. I do understand but I will do all I reasonably can to be allowed to stay. Que Sera Sera as Doris Day used to sing all those years ago - What ever will be will be. It only seems it was yesterday that I slipped and fell and snapped my hip yet it is 48 days ago and if I had known the time it would take before looking at returning home I am sure I would have been horrified.

Well I am home and allowed to stay!  Things are a bit slow around the house but what really matters is that I am back in my own home with my own stuff and really quite delighted.

A huge thank you to everyone who has been and visited, encouraged me, told me not to expect too much and just made the whole process so much more bearable.  I don't know where I'd be without your kindness and support.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! So pleased you are now home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news Kathryn - just take one day at a time and don't run before you can walk! Happy Christmas. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.