Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 26 December 2015

Day 51 (3)

Not quite such a good night but still much better than any whilst I was in hospital. Too much wine with Rob and Helen and Mother Nature knocking on the door a couple of times during the night!

Whilst I was with my friends Rob and Helen yesterday my friend Steve called me on FaceTime (an iPhone application) - it was so good to see him, his wife Edite and daughter Jolanta but what really floored me was to see Terance and Elise Kennedy.  Terence wrote a book (A Nonsense of Direction - Overland to Everywhere in a Toytown Plastic car) about their adventures in a 2CV Méhari driving in all sorts of places around the world - I haven't seen Terence and Elise for such a long time and what a treat it was to make contact again - I now have their contact details so I shall be in touch. I have a copy of Terence's book which I treasure.

I last had contact with Terence and Elise when they were living in what Terence called a 'Dorpie' (Africaans for a small town but I think it has more of a connotation than that!) called Rustenberg just outside Johannesburg.

A quiet day followed by a most entertaining evening with Lynda and Sam in the Spice of Bruerne and then to bed quite exhausted.  My stamina is not what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.