Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Monday 1 February 2016

Day 90 (42)

On Saturday I made mention as follows of a new appointment 'A letter from the Fracture Clinic this morning saying I had an appointment for 11-February but I also have one for 5-February which doesn't seem to have been cancelled - I'll need to check with them on Monday.' 

I rang the Fracture Clinic this morning and after 10 minutes waiting I was advised that, although the letter I had received on Saturday did not advise of a change in appointment, it was, in fact, a change of appointment; they don't, apparently, have the right template to say it is a change of appointment. The date on the letter is the same date I had received a phone call from an external agency asking me to confirm I was going to the 5-February appointment.  So I now have an appointment for 11-February (some two months after the first one despite the advice that I needed to see the Fracture Clinic monthly!).

Why was I not surprised to receive a phone this evening at 18:20 asking me to confirm I would be attending the 11-February appointment - less than eight hours after agreeing I was going to the 11-February appointment.

Is it any wonder that the NHS is in such disarray?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.