Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 133 (82) to Day 140 (87)

Not bad bad week at all - still perishingly cold for March but had a very good session with Liz, my physio, who says I am doing very well.  She's given me what I call my 'ASBO' which is a 2lb weight I strap around my right ankle which in turn makes it quite difficult to walk - that's what it is meant to do and it is there really to try and increase my stamina.

I did make a formal complaint to NGH on 27-December because I thought they should be aware as to how they are perceived.   There's a link here to some information and some more here. We are now into a second period of extended time (10 working days each time) because it is (to quote) so complex to sort out. But in reality it is because the person handling my complaint is going on holiday for the second time - not good enough in my view.

I have a nasty head cold at the moment so the best thing is to stay away and let me get over it I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.