Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Day 5 of recovery

A day of steady progress yesterday. I had a visit from Occupational Therapy (OT) and physio. Luckily all the remedial work I did in the house is standing me in good stead and, at the moment, it looks as if I may get home on Thursday this week, if not sooner.  OT need to be 'happy' that I can look after myself - no more talk of carers so I left that topic out of the discussions.

One of the issues I am going to have to face is that the muscles that were messed about with and cut to facilitate the dynamic hip screw repair in November did not recover fully (and in fact started to go 'backwards') before being cut again in a slightly different place to facilitate the total hip replacement. I think that means a lot of hard graft for me.

Lots of advice from friends and family who have had a new hip to follow the physio's instructions to the letter.  I think probably the most important thing is to take life quietly (what me?) and exercise plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.