Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Monday 13 June 2016

In this world

My parents (I think it was my father) taught me a rhyme many many years ago:

In this world of froth and bubble
Two things stand like stone
Kindness in another's trouble
Courage in your own

Line three stands out for me at the moment because everyone who has heard of the challenges of my next few days has been unfailingly kind.  Likewise I hope I have shown courage in what lies ahead.

11:00 - Just back from the Doctor where I had to 'endure' yet another blood pressure check - it's was a bit high, inevitably and perhaps involuntarily, on Friday.  The doctor put me on tablets and this morning it is down to 150/90 which I think will help a lot to see that Wednesday goes ahead.

For some 'scary' images of femoral head necrosis click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.