Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Friday 8 July 2016

A day in Milton Keynes

My friend Sue and I decided that it was a reasonable (and mitigated) risk to go to Milton Keynes yesterday as I wanted to look into replacing my iPad, which has become a little slow as it was one of the original iPad Minis.  I had ideas of replacing it with a 'bigger and better' iPad but in fact replaced it with an iPad 4 Mini which in reality suits me just fine.

We had lunch at McDonalds and then Sue bought a couple things from the market and home again with no problems.  Driving the car feels fine and gives me just so much more opportunity and freedom.

We plan to pop down to the Navigation this morning for a 'proper' breakfast and then settle down to watch the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon.

Hip going well - I walked just short of 2km yesterday so progress goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.