Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 2 July 2016

Day 15

Well done to Wales for winning in Euro 2016 - not my favourite sport but the passion was amazing.

A lovely evening last night (good company and good food) with friends Anita and Tim on their little tug Milan which is moored in Stoke Bruerne at the moment. It is amazing how much just being in pleasant company helps the recovery process.

Big news of the day is that I had a shower this morning - first day I have been allowed one and it was so good - and I could wash my hair too - quite amazing how such small things make such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.