Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Post No 100

Well this is my 100th post since breaking my hip - goodness me have I really got that much to say?!

My friend Sue arrived from Cardiff yesterday - all the way by coach (bus for NZ readers).  She was kindly collected by my friend Vicky in Milton Keynes and we all have a lovely evening in the Spice of Bruerne.

Getting more and more flexible and mobility increasing day-by-day.  Off to see my Nurse Practitioner today to (hopefully) have the dressings removed.  It is important it is done my someone with medical knowledge as they can see if there is any chance of infection or something not quite right - the scar goes so far round my bum that I cannot see it properly!

Managed to drive the car to the doctor and back today - I won't do that too often but it does open the doors to freedom a bit wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.