Pages

Where am I

I managed to slip over on 6-November-2015 and fracture the femoral head of my right hip. This blog is just to keep friends and relatives up-to-date with my recovery. It also will show where the NHS is good and where there is opportunity to improve. If you click the images tab (above) there are a few images of the break before and after the repair.

Update 10-June-2016 - sadly the femoral head has avascular necrosis and a total hip replacement will be carried out on 15-June-2016

I am home in Stoke Bruerne

Saturday 20 August 2016

Going from strength to strength


I noticed last Sunday that I no longer think about going up the stairs in my house - despite it being a Georgian design (Victorian built) with eight  inch risers on the treads I seem to be able to do it now without a backward look.  I am sure that is in the main due to my physio (still nothing provided by the NHS despite promises) and I think my walking helps a lot - see graph - the big spike is the day I spent in Woking for the 50th Anniversaries of the Basingstoke Canal Society and the Historic Narrowboat Club. My average is 3.4km (just over 2 miles) a day which I expect is greater than the average of the population.

I am not sure how accurate my iPhone is at recording my walking but I suppose the graph is recording like with like so that's a known quantity/quality.

Back to boating today too - we took Sculptor down to the A508 to wind her (only place we really can) and then I brought her back to Stoke Bruerne. Had the pleasure of passing Owl and Hampton at the top lock (after Jim on Owl had spent some time on the historic mooring in Stoke Bruerne removing a wedding dress from his propellor).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.